My company has begun sending out quarterly e-mail newsletters -- with great results. For only $28, we sent our August newsletter to just over 2,000 current and former customers. It enjoyed a 19% open rate and an 11% click-through rate. Even better it drove additional traffic to our website -- clicking the "read more" buttons on the newsletter automatically took them to embedded videos and other content on our site. The newsletters usually take only a day or two to create and test because we mine our website and blog for content.

SEO and AdWords are great, but you still have to wait for people to come looking for you. In our experience, e-mail marketing is a great way to stay top-of-mind with your best customers.

Click here to see the latest newsletter.

Views: 160

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Your enewsletter looks great, and 19% is a respectable open rate.  Of course, there are the false positives and false negatives etc, so I always suspect the rates could be even higher.  Which service do you use to send the emails?

Roxann,

We use Vertical Response. Our web developer helped us create the basic template, but now we plug in the content to create each new issue. Our mailing list comes from an internal database. You should avoid purchased e-mail lists -- they typically result in dismal open rates.

VR is cost-effective and easy to use. One down side: some e-mail programs and/or firewalls flag anything that comes from email marketing services like VR or Constant Contact as spam. If people don't check their spam folders/quarantines regularly, they never see our newsletters. Any thoughts on getting around this problem? 

Roxann Machac said:

Your enewsletter looks great, and 19% is a respectable open rate.  Of course, there are the false positives and false negatives etc, so I always suspect the rates could be even higher.  Which service do you use to send the emails?
Vertical Response here too!  It is difficult to get around that problem, you have to ask your customers to whitelist the VRESP domain....some will & some won't.  We have over 10k contacts so these days we send the newsletter (let the chips fall where they may) and also post it in our signatures, website and on FB etc.  Our ave. open rate is 18-26% although we have had highs of 35% when the subject followed a specific event that they attended.  Our list grows organically, and that's the best way!
Awesome numbers -- you must be doing something (actually, many things) right. Regarding FB: Did you know Vertical Response recently added social sharing icons, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn? I realized it too late to include them in our most recent newsletter; however, I definitely plan to add them next go-around -- it's literally a one-click process.

Thanks Gary!  I have added the social sharing buttons to the enews, a good addition.  Now waiting for the EE button!

RSS

Members

© 2021   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service