Hi All,

I am using Inventor 2010 to model and design lighting pole, does any one know how if there is a shell mesh in this new FEA software that introduce this year, meshing always fail when try to analyze thin taper octagonal pole of 3mm thickness? the message I get is that the Part is too thin for solid mesh? How to change to shell mesh if there is any?
Please help.
Thanks

Views: 671

Replies to This Discussion

Well, From my experince Inventor is not good in FEA try to use Ansys or Visual Nastran, i don't know anything about inventor 2010 , but i work with inventor for almost 5 years & the version i'm using now is inventor 2009, so they may enhance some feautres about FEA in Inventor 2010 ,
inventor is Mainly CAD program & not FEA Program, that's why it can't solve welded parts or 3d contact parts
i hope you found this information useful,
if you have updated information about this issue please don't hesitat to share it with me
have a good day
I've Searched The Inventor Forume, Some Suggestions Where About Adjusting The Mesh Setting "Average Element Size". Change from the default 0.1 to 0.075 Or Even Smaller.
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6278223...
I Dont Know If This Will Help, Right Now I Dont Have Inventor So Its Strange To Answer Without Trying!
Hello Sameh,
and thanks for the comments, Inventor 2010 has brand new FEA package, it is Plasso Tech FEA not the basic Ansys availabe till 2009 version, you should try this release and the new UI is great and so good.
I am Inventor and SolidWorks user for years and what I like about Inventor is the way it handle weldment, unlike SolidWorks who is weak in this area, and the new FEA with 2010 release can deal with assemblies and automatically detect contacts.

Thanks again for stoping by. and have a great day!
Ammar

Sameh Bazan said:
Well, From my experince Inventor is not good in FEA try to use Ansys or Visual Nastran, i don't know anything about inventor 2010 , but i work with inventor for almost 5 years & the version i'm using now is inventor 2009, so they may enhance some feautres about FEA in Inventor 2010 ,
inventor is Mainly CAD program & not FEA Program, that's why it can't solve welded parts or 3d contact parts
i hope you found this information useful,
if you have updated information about this issue please don't hesitat to share it with me
have a good day
Hello Lina,

And thanks for the comments and the link, it certainly helps.

I have ask inventor simulation expert and he answer me, that unfortunately shell mesh is not available yet in Inventor.

Thanks again for your time.

Ammar

Lina M. AL-Kurdi said:
I've Searched The Inventor Forume, Some Suggestions Where About Adjusting The Mesh Setting "Average Element Size". Change from the default 0.1 to 0.075 Or Even Smaller.
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6278223...
I Dont Know If This Will Help, Right Now I Dont Have Inventor So Its Strange To Answer Without Trying!

RSS

Members

© 2020   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service