Hi, I am looking for a fluid that is most efficient for heat transfer for high temperature applications and low temperature applications. Can someone tell me what are the known most efficient fluids out there for both low and high temperature applications? and are they available in the market?

Views: 1555

Replies to This Discussion

Water
what is the range of high and low?
regards
To answer your question, I need you to specify both the temperature ranges (high & low). Still, I could give you a short list based on my assumptions.

High temperature - Xceltherm MK1 (400ºC), Duratherm 600 (121ºC - 315ºC)
Low temperature - Xceltherm CF (-64ºC to 65ºC), Duratherm XLT-120 (-84ºC - 65ºC), Xceltherm 500 (-60ºC to 260ºC)

If you have any trouble with the aforementioned fluids, just get back to me.

Cheers
what is the chemical composition of these oils?

Shriram Gopal said:
To answer your question, I need you to specify both the temperature ranges (high & low). Still, I could give you a short list based on my assumptions.

High temperature - Xceltherm MK1 (400ºC), Duratherm 600 (121ºC - 315ºC)
Low temperature - Xceltherm CF (-64ºC to 65ºC), Duratherm XLT-120 (-84ºC - 65ºC), Xceltherm 500 (-60ºC to 260ºC)

If you have any trouble with the aforementioned fluids, just get back to me.

Cheers
There is another important factor to consider, besides the max high, and min. low temperatures;
What is your application?
For aviation hydraulic systems, synthetic oils/ Skydroll/ phosphate ester type are the best.
This synthetic oil is available on the market, but you have to consider the rest of the components from that system;
The components need to meet the oil compatibility requirements, as specified by the oil manufacturer.
Hope that helps.
Have you considered high velocity hot air impingment techniques for transfering energy, either hot or cold. This can be one of the most efficient methods of heat transfer when the system is designed correctly.
more on "high velocity hot air impingement techniques for transferring energy"?
What do you want to know about High velocity hot air impingement? What is your application? I have many years experience in these techniques.

Charles McGloughlin

Salah Sedarous said:
more on "high velocity hot air impingement techniques for transferring energy"?

Hello,

Just joined this site and group and noticed  Shriram Gopal was kind enough to mention a few of our fluids (Duratherm 600 and Duratherm XLT-120).

If we can be of any assistance to this topic or the group in general our website is www.heat-transfer-fluid.com. These tech papers might also be of interest or contact me directly.

Regards,

Michael Bates

Technical Director

Duratherm Extended Life Fluids

www.heat-transfer-fluid.com

800 446 4910 ext 111

i think sodium

RSS

Members

© 2019   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service