As design engineers or technology lovers we understand what I call inside jokes , "others call it geeky" so my question is what's the best tech /science jokes you know?

Views: 1595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha! Wow - - I love how good engineers are at making fun of themselves.

Paul J. Heney said:

This reminds me of this recent video we shot, the Top 10 Engineering Pickup Lines! Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0B9syGR1A

Andrew Dreasler said:

This one might count as off-color, although no dirty words are said:

A Mechanical Engineer, an Electrical Engineer and a Chemical Engineer were sitting around discussing what sort of Engineer God was, using the human body as the reference.

The Mechanical Engineer says, "God is obviously a Mechanical Engineer. Look at all the joints and levers."

The Electrical Engineer states, "No, He is clearly an Electrical Engineer, look at the miles of wiring in the nervous system."

The Chemical Engineer intones, "God is a Civil Engineer."

The Mechanical Engineer replies, "So, how is God like a Chemical Engi- Wait, did you say Civil Engineer?"

The Chemical Engineer nods, "Who else would run a toxic waste pipe through the middle of a recreational area?"

I think that was my favorite.

Hi guys, Nice to see the jokes have started to flow nicely. 
Ideas Lavatory have set up a humorous blog, which explores funny design concepts.
It's aimed at engineers and designers, so if you could spare 30 seconds and fancy some amusement then please give it a quick look http://ideaslavatory.blogspot.com/
Thanks, and keep the jokes coming!

Too funny! Had to share this with a few coworkers ... 

Ideas Lavatory said:

Hi guys, Nice to see the jokes have started to flow nicely. 
Ideas Lavatory have set up a humorous blog, which explores funny design concepts.
It's aimed at engineers and designers, so if you could spare 30 seconds and fancy some amusement then please give it a quick look http://ideaslavatory.blogspot.com/
Thanks, and keep the jokes coming!
Was talking to my non-tech friend, explaining AC/DC converters. It took 10mins before he established that we were not talking about someone who is trying to influence someone into liking the Australian rock band

Today they're leading a priest, a drunkard and an engineer to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to face up or down when he meets his fate. The priest says that he would like to face up so he will be looking toward heaven when he dies. They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. The authorities take this as divine intervention and release the priest.
Next the drunkard comes to the guillotine. He also decides to die face up hoping that he will be as fortunate as the priest. They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. So they release the drunkard as well.
The engineer is next. He too decides to die facing up. They slowly raise the blade of the guillotine, when suddenly the engineer says: -Hey, I see what your problem is.-

Is the moral of this story, "It's fine to love what you do, but don't lose your head over it"?

Adrian Horacio Gonzalez said:

Today they're leading a priest, a drunkard and an engineer to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to face up or down when he meets his fate. The priest says that he would like to face up so he will be looking toward heaven when he dies. They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. The authorities take this as divine intervention and release the priest.
Next the drunkard comes to the guillotine. He also decides to die face up hoping that he will be as fortunate as the priest. They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. So they release the drunkard as well.
The engineer is next. He too decides to die facing up. They slowly raise the blade of the guillotine, when suddenly the engineer says: -Hey, I see what your problem is.-

hahahahaha - nice. I love throwing out a ridiculously nerdy 2%er reference, and being surprised that the whole room gets it. That's my favorite part about hanging out with engineers.

Mark Arnold said:

I was recently on a long teleconference with NASA engineers. One was explaining his powerpoint diagram of his test, the function of the orange shirted figures, the green and the blue. Some one asked, "no Red Shirts?" Reply was, "No, no Red Shirts". EVERYONE instantly got the Star Trek reference. 

Yeah right!

Andrew Dreasler said:

Is the moral of this story, "It's fine to love what you do, but don't lose your head over it"?

Adrian Horacio Gonzalez said:

The product of the future has landed! 

Ideas Lavatory present
The sausage toaster

Please check it out guys http://ideaslavatory.blogspot.com/

Feel free to get involved and vote :)
The new design idea is up, hopefully this one will make you smile :) 

http://ideaslavatory.blogspot.com/

Or follow us on twitter for some comic design/engineering entertainment @ideaslavatory 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2019   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service