Do design engineers really need printed hard copy catalogs? PDF files provide all the content and allow just the needed pages to be printed if needed.

Your thoughts?

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer finding what I need on-line, although sometimes it seems easier finding what I need in a printed catalog. The reason for this is that many times I only have a general idea of what I want, and while looking for it in a catalog, I may find a comparable or better match. It seems so many on-line catalogs are lacking in sufficient information.

However, as far as my preference between a printed catalog and a pdf version of that catalog, the pdf version suits me just fine ....... so long as it is as complete as the printed version. Save the trees for more important things, like producing oxygen.
If I am working on my system, brain occupied with design it is irritating to visit a sight or browse through a file to get say dimensions of a sprocket
I can understand that. How muh information do you need in the printed version? Would you be OK with getting the detailed technical spec online after you had an idea of the product you were inerested in?

Sumit Basu said:
If I am working on my system, brain occupied with design it is irritating to visit a sight or browse through a file to get say dimensions of a sprocket

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2020   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service