One thing I've noticed in my time since earning my degree is that many recruiters and headhunters do not understand the distinction between Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering. As a DeVry graduate, by degree is in Electronics Engineering, and I've found that I've had to explain the difference; that Electrical Engineering deals in moving and manipulating power, while Electronics Engineering deals in moving and manipulating information.

How often have other Engineers seen this confusion in industry? I'd understand if we were still using vacuum tubes to crunch numbers, but silicon chips are everywhere, and digital logic is the primary way of controlling machines now, why do the recruiters not seem to know that one type of EET would be more comfortable with linesman's pliers and the other type prefers a low-wattage soldering iron?

Views: 30855

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but this position is for an Industrial Engineer.  The only requirement that the USPS is looking for is an "Engineering" degree in any field and some postal experience.  The Engineering degree must come from a school that is accredited by EAC of ABET and not ETAC.  Unfortunately my school is approved by ETAC of ABET. 

I as well as others are certain that I would be very effective in this position.  The only thing keeping me back is the accreditation part.

Thanks anyway for the words of encouragement. 

Sid

The Engineer salary survey in 2018

i am not sure if the survey data is right, but can be a reference.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2019   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service