Hey ppl...
Am looking to join two polyamide molded parts, kindly suggest me the best adhesion method for this. It is a kind of housing for a solenoid valve assembly. The solenoid valve heats up to @ 100 Degrees celcius..so cant take risk of using abs for the casing purpose..Hence Polyamide (N-6)

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whel, I think it mostly depends on the type of application and the production quantities.
I used to work in automotive industry and we used extensively ultrasonic welding.
About the material, what about PBT?

Giorgio
Dear Giorgio,

I had been in the water treatment Industry previously and we used epoxy based adhesives for bonding, but I have moved on after I designed my own product, am right now insert molding my whole valve, but u know how it is...Rejections are high and insert molding means increased process time/cost and also higher rejection rate.
I want to know more about Ultrasonic welding.
PBT (Polybutylene Terephtalate), I need to check as its availability in local market has to be seen.
Thanks for the response anyways..
Start from Wikipedia. The description about ultra sonic welding is quite detailed.
Actually they have there more then it`s written in most books.

Take care

Giorgio
Yep...Done that already...
Tks for the support anyways....

Giorgio Romanetto said:
Start from Wikipedia. The description about ultra sonic welding is quite detailed.
Actually they have there more then it`s written in most books.

Take care

Giorgio

Start from Wikipedia. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2019   Created by Marshall Matheson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service