Xylem seeks to hire a Technology Director to join their Innovation and Technology department in Luxembourg office and will report to the Senior Vice President of Innovation and Technology. As a key member of the Xylem Innovation and Technology team this executive will be responsible for driving crossenterprise leadership and alignment within new product development and advancing our innovation and technology strategy. This person will be a leader of the Xylem Intellectual Property Center of Excellence in Europe and a member of the Xylem Technology Council.
This is a high impact developmental rotational position based on an approximately three to four year assignment. It is a position of high visibility to Xylem’s senior leadership team and will provide a wide range of learning experiences with full exposure to all the businesses. This person must hold a strong sense of career development, be willing to take on a wide variety of challenging initiatives, and be able to remain flexible.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
• Responsible for Xylem product sustainability and embedding the strategy, processes and governance into R&D in order to achieve company goals and objectives
• Work cross-functionally from sourcing to R&D, creating and commercialization to drive sustainability initiatives across the company
• Utilize external network to ensure compliance with current and future regulations
• Use creativity and industry knowledge to drive culture of product sustainability beyond compliance
• Manage customer and business requests in relation to product sustainability
• Drive LCA (life cycle assessments) for new and selected existing products
• Develop and manage product sustainability metrics and goals
• As Product Safety Coordinator, work with key partners to mature and globalize a robust product safety management process
• Audit and support adherence in the business to the Xylem Product Safety Manual
• Provide guidance and training on product safety
• Strengthen a culture of product safety across the organization
• Apply a Continuous improvement mindset to all aspects of Xylem’s product safety program
• Establish key performance indicators
• Review all invention disclosures from Europe and decide on IP strategy
• Make decisions on all patent filing from Europe
• Pro-actively manage the patent portfolio in Europe
• Gatekeeper for all XPD projects that use European Resources
• Establish and maintain business plans with all the European R&D centers
• Key strategic interface between IP organization and R&D
Innovation and Technology Fellows
• Lead design team to finalize content for early-in-career development program
• Deploy inaugural I&T Fellowship program and subsequent cohorts
New Product Development
• Responsible for Xylem New Product Development Process (XPD)
• Drive improvements in all aspects of the process and next level processes such as design for cost
• Operate as gatekeeper for all XPD projects that have a European focus
• Participate as key member of project portfolio review meetings
This position will act as the site leader of the Luxembourg office.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering discipline. Advanced degree a strong plus
• At least 10 years technical experience in relevant area and experience leading teams responsible for product development.
• Proven track record of working successfully within a matrix organization, being able to influence decisions and strategic direction
• Strong understanding of project and IP management requirements to drive development, maintenance and training of relevant technology management processes.
• Experienced in technology and engineering process management such as stage-gate, portfolio management, documentation & reporting, product safety, technical documentation, etc. to support Xylem I&T leadership in creating and maintain a world-class process structure.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interface with senior management and other stakeholders throughout GC’s and CTs.
• Must be capable of establishing and achieving stretch goals, think and act strategically, and adhere to the highest standards of business ethics.
• Demonstrate skills and flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to travel at 50% of time is essential
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently required to communicate orally.
• Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
• Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations. Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
• Travel: 50% global travel
Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/0f2a1a9c50f8