If you could have any job in engineering, what would it be and why? I look forward to hearing your responses.   :)

Tags: jobs

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I almost took a job down on the Cape, they were looking for a ME with automation experience and PLC programming ability. The company designed and tested deep sea robotics for research purposes. The only problem, it was an hour and 40 minute commute without traffic. I was so close to taking the job, but the commute buried it.
Lance,
I am one of the old time "boot strappers". I originally worked as a machinist and apprenticed as a toolmaker when I was young. I was a farm boy and performed every job required on my dad's large farm. My choice over the years, with my many years of odd experiences, was a prototype designer and engineering consultant. I have 5 World patents with my name on them at the Hague. Many others stateside. I not only get to invent a technology, I also get to supervise it's manufacture, construction, and debug/testing phase. As this is completed, I supervise installation of the first units to assure proper installation and training of the factory reps. I get to see my efforts from concept to production. How much more satisfaction can one get from his career than that?
This was my choice, I don't wear suits, and I dress for the type work I am performing.
Bill Redd - Unlimited Design, Broomfield, Colorado
Hi Bill - this kind of stuff makes my day -

cheers
Marshall

Bill Redd said:
... I not only get to invent a technology, I also get to supervise it's manufacture, construction, and debug/testing phase. As this is completed, I supervise installation of the first units to assure proper installation and training of the factory reps. I get to see my efforts from concept to production. How much more satisfaction can one get from his career than that?
This was my choice, I don't wear suits, and I dress for the type work I am performing.
Bill Redd - Unlimited Design, Broomfield, Colorado

My dream job is doing what I do today. I am involved in structural analysis, and have been doing this for the last 40 years. It suits me, and I have no desire to do anything else. I have learned quite a bit over the years, and some of the tools and challenges include FEA, design, testing, and vibration analysis.

Getting paid to brainstorm. That would be the best.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by Marshall Matheson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service