Hello all.  I wanted to introduce our site and entertain any discussions you may want to have regarding online continuing education or the lack of it. We have been in the continuing education business for over 20 years now.  We recognized that there is clearly a need for online continuing education for engineers that is relevant and offered at reasonable prices.  We think we are achieving that.  Please feel free to visit us at www.pdhsite.com.  You will find courses across most disciplines and even a free ethics course that is good for credit.  Feel free to contact us because we love to talk engineering and education.

Regards,

Chris

Tags: CEU, Continuing, Education, Florida, Online, PDH, PE, Site

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too am trying to build an inexpensive engineering education site LearningMeasure.com

http://www.learningmeasure.com

Our emphasis is on measurement, but there are several engineering courses on other topics as well.

Over the past three years I have written eleven (11) training "documents" for a website called PDHonline.com.  This site does exactally what you are in the process of doing; i.e. providing continuing education online sources for very busy engineers.  I am a firm believer in this form of education and certainly applaud your efforts.  With 36 states now requiring CEU hours for continued PE certification, it is a great way to obtain those hours AND follow a "normal" work week and do so at home.  With this being the case, it is very important to associate yourself with authors who demonstrate competance within their area--very important.  The very best to you and I certainly wish you success.

Bob Jackson, PE

Robert- we are always looking for high quality courses to add to our library. Please contact me with your list of courses. If you visit the site you can find out the details of our royalty program. Pdhsite.com.
Very nice site David. How long have you been in business online?
I have been online since 2002. I started my website after doing several interviews with summer interns, and discussing the issue with others that students are not being sufficiently prepared in college, and that there is not a sufficient effort taking place to transfer knowledge from one generation to the next.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by Marshall Matheson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service